The information below is a resource for our faculty – containing information, forms and links of interest. All Departmental-specific forms are located in our Box folder, accessible via your Duke NetID login.
- Best Hiring Practices Adopted 2015
- Committee on Anti-Racism Recommendations
- English Collective Standards
- Graduate Program Expectations
- Scholarly Activity Report
- Tenure & Promotion Standards
- TA Books – Best Practices
- Undergraduate Teaching – Best Practices
Faculty Leave Forms:
- A&S Accelerated Leave Policy
- Departmental Accelerated Leave Form
- Leave Request Form
- Parental-Medical Leave Form
Instructions and links to complete Faculty Reporting is located on the Trinity website. The Word document template is in our Box Folder.
- Duke@Work link (travel reimbursement forms, etc.)
- Scholars@Duke help FAQs
- Reference Guide to Certify Annual Report
- Faculty Reference Guide, Event Planning information, and Policies & Practices are in our Box Folder.
- English Department Expectations for Graduate Student Advising
Arts and Science Policies
- Trinity College of Arts & Sciences Policies & Procedures are located on the Trinity Admin website.
Appointments and Reviews
- Please refer to the Provost Office's Faculty Affairs site for updated, authoritative guidelines for faculty reviews that go before the Appointments, Promotion and Tenure committee: https://facultyaffairs.provost.duke.edu/apt
- Log into the STORM system (via the registrar's office)
- Log in to SAKAI If you haven't used Sakai yet, go to the Duke Sakai tutorial page here.
- Create a webpage for your class
- Language Arts and Media Program (Information about course development grants and etc..)
- Duke Lamp Language Arts and Media Program Director Kristin Neuschel's Blog
- Independent Studies Policy (available in Box Folder)
- Information regarding accessing Zoom, using it to schedule meeting (classes and office hours) is available in our Box Folder.
- Book Subsidies
- Chapter 6 of Duke Faculty Handbook: : Faculty Responsiblities with Respect to Students
- Center for Instructional Technology
- Office of Institutional Equity Policies and Procedures
- Duke Reach
- Duke University Faculty Handbook
- Duke University Libraries
- Events@Duke Calendar
- Literature Reference Librarian
- Library Blogs: In addition to the physical and online collections at Duke Library, note their wonderful blogs, such as the Devil's Tale (Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library blog), the Digital Collections Archive blog, and The Library Answer Person, a Duke tradition for over 20 years.
- Office for Institutional Equity
- Office of Information Technology
- Research Support
- Retirement Resources
- Student Affairs Policies