Forms for Graduate Students
Departmental-specific forms are available for Duke students in our Box Folder. These include:
Forms from the Duke University Graduate School and Registrar Office can be found here:
- Permission to Audit Course (PDF)
- Permission to Enroll in a Course Below the 500 Level (PDF)
- Interinstitutional Approval Form (PDF)
- Leave of Absence Request Form (Downloadable PDF)
Important Note: the DGS office requires one week to complete all forms, both online forms, and forms requiring a hard copy and signature, with the exception of conference travel forms, which must be submitted to the DGS office at least a month (and preferably much more) in advance of the applicant’s date of proposed departure. Please note that the conference travel program is currently on hold university-wide due to the pandemic.
If you want to set up tax withholding for your stipend you can download the proper forms here. Be sure to write “NON-COMP" at the top of the form when using it for your non-compensatory funding before submitting it to the payroll office (Box 90484, campus mail). Compensatory money is automatically taxed.
1. US Internal Revenue Service Federal Tax Sites:
2. North Carolina Tax Sites: